Appeals can be expensive, but at times they are necessary. Once a decision has been granted you generally have 1 month to file an appeal.
This can be stressful, as you often do not know if you have grounds for an appeal or what steps to take. Appeals are complex and often involve challenging and complicated legal arguments. At Mincher Koeman LLP we are committed to providing clients with timely opinions about the merits of and potential grounds for an appeal on any Family Law issue.
If you are considering an appeal of a decisions, we are able to offer a number of services to suit any needs. Whether you simply need an opinion or limited assistance in preparing your notice of appeal, or if you require counsel to represent you the entire way through the appeals process, including preparing briefs and submitting arguments on your behalf in front of the Court, we have the experience and the skills to provide any level of assistance you may need.
We also recognize that committing to an appeal can be a significant and potentially expensive step. In order to help you with this decision, we offer special rates to prepare opinions on any potential grounds of appeal that your case may have:
- $500 plus the costs of disbursements for an opinion about an appeal from a Queen’s Bench Chambers Decision
- $750 plus disbursements for an opinion about an appeal from a Half Day Domestic Special Hearing;
- $1000 plus disbursements for an opinion about an appeal from a full day Domestic Special Hearing;
- $1000 plus disbursements for an opinion on an appeal from a 1 day viva voce trial;
- $1000 plus disbursements for an opinion on an appeal for a 1 day viva voce trial + $250 for every extra half day of a viva voce trial.
Should you wish to proceed with a full appeal, contact us now to discuss our rates for the services we offer.